Lori Chapman Unrau, LAc
- Board Certified, State Licensed Acupuncturist
- AOBTA (American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia) Certified Shiatsu Practitioner
Lori has 17 years of experience as an instructor and practitioner of Asian Bodywork , most specifically Zen Shiatsu , Chi Nei Tsang (Internal Organ Qi Massage) and Qigong (Chinese exercises for health and longevity ) . Her acupuncture practice is a blend of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), Asian bodywork and individualized instruction in specific Qigong to enhance their personal healing process.
Prior to working as a successful Asian Medicine Practitioner, Lori was Regional Marketing Manager for MICA Technologies responsible for the business and management of an MRI Diagnostic Imaging Center at a major hospital in St. Louis, MO.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Lori completed her acupuncture training with Master Acupuncturist Afua Bromley and was licensed in Acupuncture in 2011. Prior to coming to back to St. Louis she studied acupuncture at the Academy of Oriental Medicine in Austin, TX.
For Zen Shiatsu certification, she graduated from a 600 hour training program at The Desert Institute of Healing Arts in Tucson AZ in 1994. During that time, she interned at The Healing Tao Institute with Master Instructor Allison Post in Tucson, AZ.
Lori received her B.A. in Communications Journalism and a minor in Spanish from Truman State University in 1985.
Lori’s treatment philosophy is to cultivate radiant health for her patients through the combined efforts of Acupuncture, bodywork and Qigong utilizing an extremely positive and compassionate attitude. Lori believes in teaching her patients how to care for themselves through the art and science of Asian Medicine. She willingly shares what she’s learned in an atmosphere of respect and non-judgment.
In addition to her formal education listed above, Lori studied the following:
- Wu style Tai Qi with the late Master Wen Zee, Tucson, AZ
- Qi gong with Jampa Stewart, Austin, TX
- Yoga Teachers Training, Austin, TX
Lori developed and was responsible for teaching the following training programs:
- Zen Shiatsu at The Healing Arts Center, St. Louis, MO
- Thai Massage at the Healing Arts Center, St. Louis, MO
- Shiatsu and Thai Massage Workshops at Kaleidoscope School of Massage Therapy, St. Louis, MO
- Shiatsu training courses at the Missouri College School of Massage Therapy, St. Louis, MO
- Thai Massage Workshops at Lauterstein Conway School of Massage Therapy, Austin, TX
- Hatha Yoga and Advanced Qigong, Austin, TX
- Additional Continuing Education courses in Asian Bodywork, Austin, TX and St. Louis, MO